Georgetown man likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning

FILE - Police lights (KXAN File Photo)
FILE - Police lights (KXAN File Photo)

GEORGETOWN, Texas (KXAN) – Williamson County Sheriff’s deputies were investigating an man’s death in Georgetown Sunday.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected in 64-year-old Dennis Daniel’s death, according to Williamson County Sheriff Robert Chody. Police went out to the home around 7:18 p.m. for a welfare check and found the man in his garage in the 1000 block of Segundo Drive, north of Serenada Drive and west of Airport Road. A woman called for the welfare check on her husband after she hadn’t been able to reach him.

Sheriff Chody said foul play was not suspected. According to a sheriff’s office release, the Georgetown Fire Department found high levels of CO in the garage.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s