Houston family sends warning after son is electrocuted in floodwater

Andrew Pasek (NBC News Photo)
Andrew Pasek (NBC News Photo)

HOUSTON (KPRC) — A Texas family is warning others and mourning the loss of their son after he was electrocuted on Tuesday while walking in floodwater.

Andrew Pasek, 25, went to his sister’s flooded Houston neighborhood to feed her cat and check on the house, according to his family.

“It was just a terrible mistake — accident that shouldn’t have happened,” said Pasek’s sister, Alyssa. “They were going to wade in the water, they were only in about knee-deep water and walking through the neighbors’ yards because the water was more shallow. He got too close to an electrical wire that was still running hot.”

Pasek was with a friend when he was trying to get to his sister’s home. After Pasek felt the current run through his ankle, he told his friend to stay back.

“He told Sean (his friend), ‘I’m dying. Go away. Don’t help me,'” said Pasek’s mother. “He didn’t want him to get electrocuted too.”

Read the full story at Click2Houston.com.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s