AUSTIN (KXAN) — A serial robber that targeted numerous convenience stores from Pflugerville to San Marcos is behind bars thanks to someone who recognized him after the show Live PD featured the robberies.
Austin police say the suspect, 30 year-old Jeremy Biddle, is believed to be responsible for at least 10 robberies. A couple of the businesses targeted were Woody’s Market, which is why police started calling the spree the “Woody Series.”
The robberies started in March and continued through June. In all the cases, the suspect came into the business armed with a handgun.
According to an arrest affidavit, Biddle robbed the Woody’s Market on FM 1626 on March 22. The store clerk says he was preparing to close the store when Biddle, wearing a black hoodie, blue jeans and one white sock on his left hand and a black mask pointed a semi-automatic pistol at him and demanded money. The clerk complied and the suspect left the scene.
Police say they arrested the suspect Thursday night after a viewer saw the Live PD segment. The Austin Police Department said the A&E show reached out to them recently and ended up doing a piece on the serial robber who police described as having a “large, pointy nose.”
The suspect is currently in custody on an unrelated charge.
These were all the robberies that police believe were connected:
• Thursday, March 23, 2017 – 4:18 a.m., Woody’s Market, 100 W FM 1626 Rd.
• Tuesday, May 9, 2017 – 2:50 a.m., Valero, 1405 W. William Cannon Dr.
• Tuesday, May 9, 2017 – Pizza Patron, 5717 S IH 35
• Tuesday, May 16, 2017 – 1:52 a.m., 7-Eleven, 13641 N IH 35
• Friday, May 19, 2017 – 12:34 a.m., Valero, 9433 Parkfield Dr.
• Tuesday, May 20, 2017 – 6:21 a.m., Texaco, 2800 W William Cannon Dr.
• Monday, May 22, 2017 – 11:01 p.m., Woody’s Market, 100 W FM 1626
• Thursday, May 25, 2017- 11:03 p.m., 7-Eleven, 17511 Schultz Ln, Pflugerville
• Thursday, June 1, 2017- 11:45 p.m., Shell, 1699 N. IH-35, San Marcos
• Saturday, June 10, 2017- 11:23 p.m., La Familia, 8540 Research Blvd.