PFLUGERVILLE, Texas (KXAN) — Police in Pflugerville are issuing an alert to homeowners who live in the Creekside neighborhood after one dog died from presumed poisoning.
According to a city spokesperson, the incident happened in the Creekside neighborhood on Settlers Valley Drive. One neighbor sent an email to KXAN stating the dogs were poisoned with meatballs, but the city would not confirm how the dogs were potentially poisoned.
The city is aware of two dogs being potentially poisoned by items the owner did not give to them. While one dog died, the owner of the second dog says her dog did get sick but is recovering.
Pflugerville Police Chief Jessica Robledo met with the Creekside Homeowners Association on May 16 to discuss the issue and to warn people in the area to be watchful. People living in the area are being told to check their yard for foreign objects and to save them for investigation, or in case their animal becomes sick.
Chief Robledo is asking people with information to call (512) 670-5700 with any information related to this activity or email email@example.com.