Space heater to blame in southeast Austin house fire

Space heater causes house fire on Ware Road on Dec. 19, 2016. (KXAN Photo/Todd Bynum)
Space heater causes house fire on Ware Road on Dec. 19, 2016. (KXAN Photo/Todd Bynum)

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A space heater is to blame for a house fire in southeast Austin Monday morning.

The Austin Fire Department says the fire started around 11:20 a.m. in the 2600 block of Ware Road. When crews arrived, there was fire coming from the home. Everyone was able to get out of the home.

Within 20 minutes, the fire was under control.