AUSTIN (KXAN)- If you’re looking to give you and your wallet a break from your holiday shopping, here are some ideas from Free Fun in Austin.
- Buda Trail of Lights– Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 6-10:00 p.m. Admission is FREE, including the shuttles that transport you from the Cabela’s parking lot to the front of the trail. Read about Heather’s experience here. Historic Stagecoach Park, 880 Main Street, Buda.
- Movie Night at the Austin Trail of Lights– Friday from 7-10:00 p.m. Join Austin Parks Foundation for two versions of How the Grinch Stole Christmas on the very last FREE night at Austin Trail of Lights. The first movie begins at 7:30 p.m. Please view parking and shuttle information before heading out. You can also read our guide to Navigating the Austin Trail of Lights. Zilker Park, Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Pastries with Santa– Saturday from 9-11:00 a.m. Enjoy hot chocolate, crafts, giveaways, and pictures with Santa. FREE! AB Cantu/Pan American Rec Center, 2100 E 3rd St, Austin.
- Sábados en Familia | Family Saturdays– Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Enjoy a day filled with FREE arts and wellness classes. Six classes will be offered, each geared toward either Pre-K, youth (5-12), and teens/adults so the whole family can spend the day in an enriching cultural experience. Three classes will be offered at 10 a.m.; FREE lunch will be provided at eleven, and three more classes will be offered at noon. Ages 4+ welcome. FREE! ESB-MACC, 600 River St, Austin.
- Community Marimba Party– Saturday from 7-9:00 p.m. Discover the joys of high-energy African marimba music in a fun, laid back, and friendly atmosphere. Dance to tunes by Kupira Marimba and Mafaro Marimba. You’ll even get a chance to jump up on stage and learn to play a song. Family friendly and FREE! Rattletree School of Marimba, 2401 Thornton Rd, Unit 3, Austin.