Bullfight executive chef Ryan Shields came by the studio to put together one of their most unique tapas inspired dishes, Squid Ink Fideua.
- 1 c. Squid Ink Fideua Noodles
- ¼ c.Tomato Sofrito
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- Sliced Thin Aleppo Pepper, pinch
- 1 c. Roasted Fish Stock, hot
- 2 tsp. Fresh Cuttle Fish Ink
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
- Fresh Atlantic Squid, Cleaned (2 ea)
- ½ c. Fresh Green Garbanzo Beans, Blanched
- ½ c. Fresno Peppers, sliced into Rings
- ½ c. Shallots, sliced into Rings
- ½ c. Scallions, greens only
- Sliced Thin Lemon Aioli, as needed
- Fresh Lemon Wedges, as needed
Using a Paella Pan: Toast the Fideua Noodles in Olive Oil over medium heat for 3 mins. Add tomato sofrito, sliced garlic, Aleppo pepper and continue to cook until garlic is translucent and aromatic. Add fish stock, cuttle fish ink and season with salt and pepper. Briefly stir to distribute the squid ink through out the stock. As the Fideua is cooking, either grill or briefly sauté the Atlantic Squid, reserve. The cooking time on the Fideua will be 4-5 mins until all of the stock is absorbed. As the Fideau finishes cooking, garnish with green garbanzo beans, fresno peppers, shallot rings, scallions, lastly the squid which has been sliced into rings. Finish the Fideua with Lemon Aioli directly on top of the garnishes, serve with lemon wedges.
Bullfight is located at 4807 Airport Boulevard, 78751. Go to bullfight-austin.com for more information or call 512-474-2029.