Creating a stylish tablescape is an easy way to make your home look festive and holiday ready for you and your guests. A beautiful tablescape can be simple to put together. Here are five easy steps to creating an effortless and chic table setting.
- Step 1: Cover the Table– Dress up your table with place mats or a lovely table runner. Perfect opportunity to bring in a color or a festive print.
- Step 2: Mix & Max Tableware –You do not have to go out and buy a whole new plate set. Take what you have and use it. Stacking your favorite plates and paring them with silver ware along with festive glass ware is the perfect way to go!
- Step 3: Personalize the Place Cards — For a great table statement, create and personalize your very own place cards! Place cards add a personal and inviting touch to a place setting. Here is a downloadable template with some of Heather’s favorite name tags for the table. You can also use them as gift tags!
- Step 4: Add Greenery– Floral arrangements, garland, and spray are key to bringing your holiday table setting to life. Add a mix of styles to the center of your table to fill the table that way the decor can be appreciated by each guest at the table.
- Step 5: Layer the Lighting –Last but not least, bring in warmth and a nice glow with candlesticks or votive for the perfect ambiance. It would be best to use unscented candles so the aroma does not take place of your food.
Heather Scott Home and Design is located on Burnet Road. Go to heatherscotthome.com for more information on booking an appointment or call 512-342-6899.