AUSTIN (KXAN)- Looking for fun opportunities that’s don’t require any cash? Here are some ideas from our partners at Free Fun in Austin.
- Creek Show– Friday and Saturday from 6-10:00 p.m. Creek Show is a way to celebrate Waller Creek and bring awareness to the future transformation coming to the creek, trails, and surrounding parks. During Creek Show, everyone is invited to experience the creek in a safe, fun, family-friendly environment while viewing five light-based art installations designed by local artists, architects, and landscape architects. FREE! Along Waller Creek between 5th and 8th St, Austin.
- Lego Derby– Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. This Lego derby race will be largest Lego car race in Austin and potentially the world. The organizers hope to break five world records. Up to 768 racers will compete for the chance to become the Austin’s Lego Derby champion. There will be lots of fun, snacks (please bring a snack to share), and activities at this FREE family event. Children in kindergarten – 5th grade can register to race here. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, 5201 Convict Hill Rd, Austin.
- Community Thanksgiving Dinner– Saturday from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Celebrate the holiday season and share a meal with neighbors, family, and friends. Enjoy live music and entertainment performances, a free hot meal, and a great time with others. FREE! AB Cantu/Pan Am Rec Center, 2100 E 3rd St,
- EAST: East Austin Studio Tour– Saturday and Sunday from 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Big Medium’s East Austin Studio Tour is a FREE, annual, self-guided art event spanning across two weekends in November. EAST provides opportunities for the public to meet the local artists and artisans of Austin in their creative spaces. View EAST catalog and map here.
- Austin Sister Cities International’s Austin World Tour– Saturday from 2-4:00 p.m. This FREE fall festival celebrates peace and humanity through music, dance, and art. Performances feature music, dance and art of Austin’s Sister Cities including: Austin Taiko Drummers, Love of China School of Chinese Dance, Ebru: the Art of Marbling Paper by Erdem Balikci, Ballet Te Amo ATX, and singer-songwriter Jabu Mbara. The performances will be followed by a reception and information fair to introduce the public to Austin’s sister cities committees. Austin Community College Eastview Campus, 3401 Webberville Rd, Austin.