AUSTIN (KXAN)- Making plans this week? Here are some ideas from our partners at Free Fun in Austin.
- Homeschool Day (RSVP) – Tuesday, November 15 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Explore American history and innovation with STEAM related activities for kids of all ages and receive free educator resources. Enjoy a day of exploration and learning at the Bullock Museum on this day reserved specifically for homeschool families. Registration is requested for planning purposes. Museum exhibitions and all drop-in activities are FREE for homeschool families. Special classes are available for a small fee. Bullock Texas State History Museum, 1800 N Congress Ave, Austin.
- Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them Party (Pflugerville) – Tuesday, November 15 from 5-7:00 p.m. Celebrate the wizarding world with crafts, food, and games. Create your own fantastic beasts, get sorted into an Ilvermorny house, participate in wand training, and more. Wizards, witches, and no-majs of all ages are welcome to attend. Everyone is encouraged to dress in your best 1920s wizard’s robes. FREE! Pflugerville Public Library, 1008 W Pfluger St, Pflugerville.
- Art a la Carte – Wednesday, November 16 from 6-8:00 p.m. The Dougherty Arts Center is excited to host its first ever Community Engagement Night. Enjoy family-friendly activities ranging from improv with That Racket! Musical Improv Troupe, celebrity bingo, print making, hands on dark room experiences, free food, and more. FREE! Dougherty Arts Center, 1110 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Israel Nash & Bright Light Social Hour In-Store Performance – Thursday, November 17 at 5:00 p.m. FREE! Waterloo Records, 600A N Lamar, Austin.
- Movie Night at Community Cinema: Finding Dory (RSVP) – Friday, November 18 at 7:00 p.m. Grab chairs and a blanket, bring family and friends, and enjoy a special screening of Finding Dory. Arrive early to explore Community First! Village, pick your spot, and enjoy a family favorite on the big screen. Candy, popcorn, water, and sodas will be available for purchase (cash only). Concession sales and tips help Community First! friends who will be serving you to earn a modest living income. Movie begins at sundown. Reserve your FREE tickets here. A donation of $5 is greatly appreciated. Community First! Village, 9301 Hog Eye Rd, Austin.