AUSTIN (KXAN)- Making plans for the week? Don’t want to spend any money? Here are some ideas from our partners at Free Fun in Austin.
- Movies in the Park: The Goonies – Thursday, November 10 from 4:30-10:00 p.m. Movies in the Park is a series of free films brought to you by the Austin Parks Foundation, and presented by the Alamo Drafthouse. Pease Park Conservancy is hosting an epic season closer with a pre-show scavenger hunt. Movie begins at 7:00 p.m. Dogs, picnics, and lawn chairs are welcome. Rated PG. FREE! Pease Park, 1100 Kingsbury St, Austin.
- Creek Show – Thursday, November 10 and Friday, November 11 from 6-10:00 p.m. Creek Show is a way to celebrate Waller Creek and bring awareness to the future transformation coming to the creek, trails, and surrounding parks. During Creek Show, everyone is invited to experience the creek in a safe, fun, family-friendly environment while viewing five light-based art installations designed by local artists, architects, and landscape architects. The show continues nightly at sundown through November 19. FREE! Along Waller Creek between 5th and 8th St, Austin.
- Science Under the Stars: Infectious Disease and Conservation – Thursday, November 10 at 7:00 p.m. Arrive early for refreshments and fun activities for kids of all ages. Guided tours of the field lab are available. Wear sturdy shoes and bring water. FREE! Brackenridge Field Laboratory, 2907 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin.
- Free Admission to the LBJ Library – Friday, November 11 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. To ensure President Johnson’s wish for the library to “be available to all,” entrance fees are waived on several days during the year, including Veterans Day. FREE! LBJ Presidential Library, 2313 Red River St, Austin.
- Veterans Day Parade – Friday, November 11 at 9:30 a.m. Parade begins with a flyover at Ann W. Richards Congress Avenue Bridge and ends at 11th St & Congress Ave. Musical entertainment provided by the Del Valle High School Cardinal Band. Following the parade, a Commemoration Program will take place on the south steps of the Capitol. FREE! Downtown Austin. View parade route here.