AUSTIN (KXAN) — While many people are putting the finishing touches on their Halloween costumes getting ready for a night of spooky fun, Austin police are announcing their No Refusal initiative.
Police will launch this effort for Halloween weekend starting on Friday night and ending Tuesday morning at 5 a.m. Beginning at 9 p.m. on Friday police will pull you over if they suspect you are drunk driving. No Refusal allows officers to issue a blood search warrant on the spot if you refuse one.
Last year, 41 people were arrested during the Halloween No Refusal weekend.
For the thousands of costume clad Austinites hitting the streets for a trick or a treat, police are reminding locals of the options to prevent you from getting behind the wheel if you’ve been drinking.
From zTrip to RideAustin, find out which ridesharing companies will get you around Austin:
- Ridesharing apps currently operating in Austin
- zTrip: Book a ride now or later without surge pricing.
- Fasten: Their drivers must have a clean record and are screened through federal and national records.
- RideAustin: Riders can choose a charity and proceeds from each ride will be donated by Ride Austin.
- FARE: Take the stress out of planning your Halloween, you can schedule a trip up to seven days in advance with this app.
- Wingz: Background checked drivers will pick you up without increasing prices, no matter what (even if there’s an alien invasion)
- GetMe: Arrive in style. Whether you want to ride a motorcycle or in a limo, numerous options for you to get where you need to go.