AUSTIN (KXAN)- BarkHappy is inviting all two and four legged friends to join in their Howl-O-Ween charity bar crawl to support Austin Dog Rescue.
BarkHappy, a local company that specializes in helping dog owners find anything dog-friendly from restaurants to hotels, was created by Ninis Samuel after he adopted his dog Kerby, Chief-Puppy-Officer. The Howl-O-Ween charity bar crawl will benefit Austin Dog Rescue and will serve as a dog-owner networking event.
“We’re all about you having a social life with your dog,” Samuel said. “We want you to go more places, meet new friends and go to more places.”
Hundreds of dog-owners will embark on the crawl that will be at Rainey Street on Sunday, Oct. 30 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. and will feature three dog-friendly stops. The Lustre Pearl, Bungalow and Container Bar will welcome dogs and their adults during the crawl.
Samuel and Kerby came to KXAN to speak with Gigi Barnett about what owners can expect at next week’s charity bar crawl.
Early Bird tickets can be purchased for $10 and standard tickets are $15 per person and include:
– Free doggy goody bags from Phydeaux and Friends
– Free dog tattoos from Clean Critters
– Free treats for dogs & their humans from Chloe’s Barkery
– Free $7 gift card to Farfetched Apparel if you buy your tickets by Friday October 28th!
– Gift card for free poochini at Shake Shack ($4 value)
– Drink specials at every bar
– Costume contest with raffle prizes- you get prize entries if your dog is dressed up, if you are dressed up, or if you have the BarkHappy app on your phone
This event is 21 and over only and all friendly, well-behaved dogs and adults are welcome. Dogs must remain on leashes at all times. RSVP in the BarkHappy mobile app under “Events.” There are no refunds. You can purchase tickets in advanced online here.