AUSTIN (KXAN) — Race weekend has arrived! Formula One is kicking off in Austin on Friday and will take over the Circuit of the Americas until Sunday. If this is your first time out to the track or your fifth time, here is everything you need to know to make your trip out to the track easy and smooth.
While three-day parking passes at COTA are sold out, there are other options.
Shuttles will run from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Friday, 7 a.m. – 12 a.m. on Saturday and 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. on Sunday. The newest addition to the shuttle location is the Travis County Expo Center.
- Shuttles from downtown to front gate: $50 round trip. Picks up at 4th and Trinity, drops off at the front gate
- Downtown to McAngus: $15 round trip. Picks up at 4th and Trinity, drops off COTA’s McAngus lot
- Toney Burger to McAngus: $15 round trip. Picks up at Toney Burger Center, drops off at McAngus lot
- Expo Center to McAngus: $15 round trip. Picks up at 7311 Decker Ln, drops off at McAngus lot
If you plan on biking to the races, there is free parking for bicycles.
Capital Metro will once again offer extended rail service during F1 weekend.
During F1 weekend, MetroRail will run from 10.20 a.m. through midnight on both days, with the final train leaving the Downtown Station at 12.03 a.m. Exact departure and arrival times for each station can be found at capmetro.org/specialevents.
MetroRail’s Downtown Station at 4th and Trinity Streets will provide easy access to both downtown Fan Fest activities and the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) shuttle site at the Austin Convention Center near the station.
- Friday 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Practice 1
- Friday 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Practice 2
- Saturday 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Practice 3
- Saturday 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Qualifying
- Sunday 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Race
WATCH the US Grand Prix on KXAN TV on Sunday, Oct. 23 at 1:30 p.m.