AUSTIN (KXAN) — If the ticket prices to the U.S. Grand Prix is too rich for your blood, you can still head to downtown Austin this weekend and join in on the free fun of Formula 1 Fan Fest.
The Bud Light Fan Fest will take over East Sixth Street between San Jacinto Boulevard and Neches Street on Friday and Saturday. This is the first year the event is on the main entertainment street through downtown Austin. East Sixth Street will be closed to vehicular traffic from San Jacinto to Neches Street all weekend long. Trinity Street will also have the same closure from East Fifth to East Seventh Streets.
Racing fans will get a chance to look at car displays as well as take in free live music at Iron Cactus.
Friday, Oct. 21 at Iron Cactus (from 5 p.m. to midnight)
- 5 p.m. – 6 p.m. White Ghost Shivers
- 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.: Wino Vino
- 8 p.m. – 9:45 p.m.: Boss Street Band
- 10:15 p.m. to midnight: Flying Balalaika Brothers
Saturday, Oct. 22 at Iron Cactus (from noon to midnight)
- 4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.: Peligrosa’s DJ Manolo Black
- 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.: Stella Cottrell
- 8:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.: Riders Against The Storm – Body Rock
- 10:30 p.m. – midnight: Ducado Vega in celebration of Prince
Here are some other interesting things going on at Fan Fest:
- Facebook’s VR tour: Attendees will be guided through several virtual worlds and will be able to leave with a GIF of themselves in VR to share with friends. They’ll be at the corner of 6th & Trinity
- Bose F1 Garage Experience: Visitors will get closer to the F1 race, the team and the drivers with an immersive, multi-sensorial experience. They’ll be at 323 Congress Ave.