AUSTIN (KXAN) — From Laser Tag to a haunted house, here is all the free fun Austin has in store for you this week.
- Oktoberfest Accordion Concert: A non-stop variety show in Pflugerville will celebrate Oktoberfest on Tuesday. It is presented by the Central Texas Accordion Association. Make sure to bring your dancing shoes there will be plenty of room to shake your groove thing. There will also be a comedy skit. It is at the Pflugerville Rec Center on Immanuel Road starting at 7 p.m.
- Laser Tag Funday: Play Laser Tag for free with the whole family on Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Hebrew Preparatory School. There will also be holiday snacks.
- Halloween Carnival and Haunted House: Enjoy free music and games while getting in the Halloween spirit on Thursday. Goblins, ghosts, and anyone in costume will be entered into a contest for door prizes. You can enter the Metz Haunted House for $1. It starts at 5:30 p.m. at the Metz Rec Center on Canterbury Street.
- Texas Tip-Off: For the second straight season, Texas men’s basketball begins their year in the heart of the University of Texas campus at Gregory Gym on Thursday. The first 1,000 fans get a free T-shirt. Only 3,000 people will be admitted. Claim your ticket and reserve your spot early.
- Movies in the Park: Jurassic Park — Movies in the park continues this week with a screening of Jurassic Park on Thursday. Dogs, picnics and lawn chairs are welcome. The movie starts at 7:15 p.m. at Palm Park on East 3rd Street.
- Fairytale Threads Austin: You can dress your whole family with hundreds of people selling clothes and toys their kids have outgrown for reduced prices. The items are for newborns through teens. Check out the event at the Austin Sports Center South on Thursday at 425 Woodward St.