FORT WORTH, Texas (KXAN) – Several members of the KXAN News team have won Lone Star Emmy Awards at the ceremony in Fort Worth Saturday evening.
KXAN was nominated for a total of 15 nominations this year. The following were the winners from tonight’s ceremony:
- Shannon Wolfson won Best Anchor
- Jim Spencer won for best First Warning Weather Anchor
- Brian Collister won the overall investigative reporting category
- Josh Hinkle, Chris Nelson and Kevin Kline for State of Texas In-Depth received an Emmy for Best Political Program, specifically for a special on “Preparing for Future Floods.”
- Brian Collister and Joe Ellis for “Unpaid Restitution for Politics/Government” – News Single Story/Feature
- Sally Hernandez and Chris Nelson for “Few Children Receive Cancer – Preventing Vaccine for Health/Science” – News Single Story / Feature
- The KXAN News team won the award for Team Coverage for its coverage of the death of Haruka Weiser
Congratulations to the KXAN News team!