AUSTIN (KXAN) — One witness said the scene in downtown Austin last Friday was straight out of the original Jurassic Park! He was, of course, talking about the SUV that was precariously dangling from a high-tension wire after the driver and his vehicle went off a parking garage. The week also included a sad scene in Bastrop County where a family of three died in an apparent murder-suicide.
Here are the Top 5 videos on KXAN.com this week
App users tap here to see the videos.
5. A crash in Leander on Crystal Falls Parkway had people wondering how a crash like that even happened. Leander police say a Dodge Charger going westbound on Crystal Falls Parkway ran a red light at southbound 183A. The car was t-boned by a Hyundai going south on the frontage road. The drivers lost control and the Hyundai flipped, landing on top of a grey Ford.
4. Bastrop family of three die in apparent murder-suicide. The Bastrop County Sheriff’s Office says they believe the father, Leroy Friedel, shot his wife several times with a pistol outside the home. One of the shots entered the home and hit his son in the head. Police say Leroy then turned the gun on himself.
3. Couple found murdered in a tent in northwest Austin. Police say Samuel Davila, 43, and Charlene Whipple, 39, chose to live in a tent, where they were found dead by family members last week. Police are seeking any information that could lead them to who committed the crimes.
2. A 4-year-old Ohio boy was found in a car while his parents overdosed. According to NBC News, the 4-year-old will be going to live with his great aunt and great uncle in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
1. A man managed to walk away with nary a scratch after he drove his SUV off a parking garage. The Austin Fire Department called it a miracle.
One witness was delivering Jimmy John’s sandwiches when he saw the SUV right above him.
One witness managed to capture video of the driver scrambling to get out of his vehicle as it dangled several stories off the ground.