ROUND ROCK, Texas (KXAN) — A teenager was hit by a car in Round Rock while riding his bike home from school Wednesday afternoon.
The Cedar Ridge High School student is currently in the hospital and expected to make a full recovery. The incident happened around 4:30 p.m. in the intersection of Double Creek Drive and Gattis School Road, according to Round Rock police.
The principal of Cedar Ridge High sent a letter to parents stating they “look forward to supporting the student during his recovery.”
Cedar Ridge High School and Gattis Elementary School are in the immediate area of this intersection.
The school wants to remind parents and students to remember certain safety precautions while coming to and from school:
- Obey traffic signs and signals.
- Never ride against traffic.
- Wear a helmet and never ride with headphones.
- Look out for road hazards.
- Be alert to what is happening and who is around you.