AUSTIN (KXAN) — Police are working to learn about the events leading up to a deadly shooting in North Austin late Monday night.
We have live updates from the scene of the active investigation on KXAN TV.
- Deadly crash shuts down Hwy 290 in Bastrop County: One person died in the crash. The highway will remain shut down at FM 696 while crews work to clear the scene.
- Woman killed, 3 injured in North Austin shooting: A woman in her 40s died at the scene from a gunshot wound. Investigators said the shooting was an isolated incident and the public is not in danger.
- I-35 makeover: I-35 may not be the prettiest road (especially when stacked with traffic), but TXDOT is not only working to make safety improvements, it’s also taking into account how pleasing the road could be to the eye. They have developed three aesthetic concepts for I-35 that they want drivers to weigh in on.
- Tim Kaine campaigning in Austin for money: Democratic Vice Presidential candidate Tim Kaine will be campaigning in Austin today. He will attend a fundraiser with tickets for the event starting at $2,700 and going up to $50,000.
- Boy dies on Schlitterbahn’s ‘world’s tallest’ water slide: The 10-year-old boy was killed at the Schlitterbahn in Kansas City on Sunday. Police say Caleb Schwab was riding the Verruckt slide, which is German for “insane.”