Firefighters save boy after he traps self inside gun safe

Boy trapped in gun safe (NBC News)

RIVERDALE, UT (KSL) A 4-year-old boy was rescued after trapping himself in a gun safe at a sporting goods store in Utah Saturday.

The boy reportedly opened the unlocked gun safe, entered it, and was shut inside for 15 minutes.

Employees called the fire department after several failed attempts to enter the code disabled the ability to continue.

Rescuers were able to obtain a code from the safe’s manufacturer to open it, avoiding cutting or drilling.

“We didn’t cut. We didn’t drill. We didn’t do anything other than keep him calm. I had my EMTs talking to him and assessing him. We were also putting some oxygen into the safe just to make sure and assessing him as well to make sure he was OK. Other than crying and being really scared, he was never really in any danger,” Capt. David Ermer said.

The boy remained calm and safe from any real danger.

Read more: http://bit.ly/2apNa7w

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s