AUSTIN (KXAN)- We’re helping you plan your week ahead with some recommendations from Free Fun in Austin.
- Blues on the Green: Wild Child and Max Frost – Wednesday, June 22 at 8:00 p.m. KGSR’s Blues on the Green returns to Zilker Park with FREE, live music. Take your blankets or lawn chairs and join in the fun. This week, it’s the ACL Festival Preview Show featuring Wild Child and Max Frost. Zilker Park (east end where Lou Neff Road wraps around), 2100 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Roald Dahl Movie Marathon – Thursday, June 23 from 1:30-7:00 p.m. To celebrate the upcoming film release of Roald Dahl’s The BFG and the 100th anniversary of his birth, the library will be screening three of his most popular books-to-movies: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (G), Matilda (PG), and James and the Giant Peach (PG). There will also be Roald Dahl-related crafts and activities such as James’ famous peach and your very own BFG ears. FREE! APL – Little Walnut Creek Branch, 835 W Rundberg Ln, Austin.
- Unplugged at the Grove: Ray Wylie Hubbard – Thursday, June 23 at 8:00 p.m. Join KGSR every Thursday for 24 consecutive weeks at the iconic Shady Grove for one of Austin’s longest running FREE concert series. All ages welcome. Shady Grove, 1624 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Summer Carnival – Friday, June 24 from 2-4:00 p.m. The first 10 tickets are FREE and admission is FREE! Northwest Recreation Center, 2913 Northland Dr, Austin.
- Movie Night at Community Cinema: Guardians of the Galaxy (RSVP) – Friday, June 24 at 8:00 p.m. Grab chairs and a blanket, bring family and friends, and enjoy a special screening of Guardians of the Galaxy. Arrive early to explore Community First! Village, pick your spot, and enjoy a family favorite on the big screen. Candy, popcorn, water, and sodas will be available for purchase (cash only). Concession sales and tips help Community First! friends who will be serving you to earn a modest living income. Movie begins at sundown. Reserve your FREE tickets here. Community First! Village, 9301 Hog Eye Rd, Austin.