AUSTIN (KXAN)- We’re helping you plan your weekend. Here’s some suggestions from Free Fun in Austin.
- Juneteenth Emancipation Parade and Park Celebration– Saturday at 10:00 a.m. The Parade will begin at the intersection of MLK and Comal streets. The route will continue along Chicon and will conclude at Rosewood Park, where there will be a celebration from noon to 8:00 p.m. with entertainment, food, and vendors. FREE! Rosewood Park, 2300 Rosewood Ave, Austin.
- World Refugee Day– Saturday from 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Commemorate the United Nations’ World Refugee Day at the Bullock Museum with a naturalization ceremony, free samples of world cuisine, live music and performances, and activities for families with kids ages 6 and up. FREE!Exhibit admission is not included. Bullock Texas State History Museum, 1800 N Congress Ave, Austin.
- 2ND Street Soundcheck– Saturday from 1-8:00 p.m. 2ND Street Soundcheck is the locals’ kickoff party to Austin’s Month of music featuring more than twenty artists and dozens of options for food, drinks, shopping, and more. This family-friendly event will offer fun opportunities for kids including a Kids’ Dance Zone. FREE; however, all music lovers attending the event are encouraged to give a $5 donation going directly to the beneficiaries, KUTX and the Austin Music Foundation. 2nd Street between San Antonio and Colorado Streets.
- Father’s Day Concert in the Park– Sunday at 7:30 p.m. Celebrate Dad with marches, patriotic melodies, and other festive works – selections that will have Dad’s toes tappin’ – as well as your own. Bring a picnic basket and spread out on a blanket under the pecan trees. FREE! Zilker Hillside Theatre, 2201 Barton Springs Rd, Austin.
- Concerts in the Park: Big Band– Sunday at 7:30 p.m. Austin Symphony Hartman Foundation “Concerts in the Park” will return to the Long Center for a 14th season of FREE ensemble concerts on summer Sunday evenings. Each week, a different ensemble will be featured, performing music from jazz and light classical to pops selections and film scores. Concertgoers are encouraged to bring a picnic dinner and blanket and make it a group outing. Long Center Terrace, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.