GEORGETOWN, Texas (KXAN) — An official autopsy report has determined the death of a baby who died while in the care of All About Kids day care in Georgetown earlier this year was an accident.
Five-month-old Brody Havins died on Jan. 13 while in the care at Holly Harrison’s home. On the morning of the baby’s death, Harrison said she went to wake Brody from his nap at 10:30 a.m. but found him “pale, limp and non-responsive.”
While on the phone 911, Harrison said she “could see a white infant glove in his mouth” and proceeded to remove it after the dispatcher directed her to do so. The autopsy showed Havins choked on his infant glove. The doctor who conducted the autopsy said if the child was choking on his infant glove, “the glove would have covered his airway, and simply removing the glove from his mouth would have allowed him to breath.”
Authorities say Harrison waited approximately 14 minutes from the time she found something wrong with Brody until she called 911. The investigation revealed Harrison sent text messages to her daughter and employee prior to calling for emergency assistance. According to the affidavit, Harrison admitted she deleted phone calls from her cellphone call log in attempt to deceive investigators.
Harrison is charged with injury to a child and tampering with physical evidence. Her next court appearance is scheduled for Aug. 17.