AUSTIN (KXAN) — So far two school districts and county offices have made changes to their schedule on Friday for students during the severe weather sweeping across Central Texas.
- All Bastrop County offices will have a delayed start until 10 a.m. due to flooding.
- Caldwell County offices will have a two hour delay. However, essential employees are to report as usual.
- Del Valle school district has cancelled classes today.
- Giddings ISD has cancelled classes today due to flooding and hazardous road conditions. There will be a make up day on Monday, May 30.
- Lockhart ISD schools will be closed today.
- Smithville ISD has cancelled classes for today entirely.
- US 77 near Wards is closed due to flooding. Traffic being detoured to La Grange onto SH 71 towards Bastrop
- SH 21 at FM 2001 in Niederwald (Hays County) closed to do a washed out bridge culvert. Traffic can detour via SH 80, SH 142 and the SH 130/US 183.