HAYS (KXAN) — To better prepare residents in the event of an emergency, Hays County has unveiled their new portal for alerts.
Residents can register online to receive alerts via text, email or phone call. The county has partnered with Warn Central Texas for the new alert system.
“This new portal makes it even easier to sign up, change or check your registered cell phone numbers or emails,” said Hays County Emergency Services Director, Kharley Smith. “Ensuring that emergency personnel and government officials can contact our residents and visitors who may be affected by a serious threat is important to us.”
Alerts will be sent to communicate important information to residents:
- Alerts will tell residents when to evacuate due to a flood, or fire
- When to take shelter during severe weather
- Which areas to avoid if there is a hazard
- What to do during a police manhunt
- Health precautions during boil water notices or power outages
If you have already registered for alerts through CAPCOG you don’t need to sign up again.