As the weather heats up and the kids start itching for summer break, nothing says summer like ice cream. We all know Amy’s Ice Creams, the local favorite, but Jessica Pino of The Austinot stopped by with five other local businesses dishing up cool happiness in a bowl.
- Lick Honest Ice Creams has 2 locations and serve up unique flavors of ice cream that are handmade with fresh ingredients.
- SPUN Ice Cream is like a treat and a science experiment rolled into one. They use liquid nitrogen to freeze the ice cream as they make it right in front of you.
- Dolce Neve translates to “Sweet snow” and they make gelato. It’s also made right in front of you, but gelato is a lot lighter and has a slightly different flavor than ice cream.
- Gelateria Gemelli is another gelato maker. Gemelli translates to “twins” and they have both a traditional gelateria and a food truck.
- Sweet Ritual is a great option for dairy-free and vegan ice cream.
You can find out more about these purveyors of frozen treats on their websites, and visit austinot.com for the very latest on local discoveries, what’s hot on the food scene, and cool entertainment ideas.