If you’ve got the itch to pack your bags and get away, now is the prime time to plan and prepare. Rosemarie Reed with the national travel franchise CruiseOne, joined us in the studio and shared top travel tips. To book your trip, call CruiseOne at 1-800-Cruise-1. You can also go to CruiseOne.com for more information.
- Use a Travel Agent – Planning a vacation can be fun but it can also be stressful. A travel agent can match the perfect vacation destination to fit your needs and budget and can provide personal advice and extra perks along the way.
- Stay Connected – Need to stay connected while cruising? Don’t worry, most cruise ships offer a myriad of options to stay connected while sailing the high seas including Wi-Fi, onboard texting and data options.
- Book during Wave Season – The first three months after the New Year is considered Wave Season and is when the cruise lines have the best promotions available. Worried about when to travel? Every season is peak season in cruising, it just depends on where you want to go. Just remember, the further in advance you book, you will have more options available at better prices.
- Take a Selfie – Take a picture of yourself in the airport or cruise terminal parking garage so you remember where you parked!
- Handle Finances – Call your bank and credit card companies to alert them of your travel plans. Otherwise, they may put an unnecessary hold on your accounts making it difficult to access your funds.
- Organize with Packing Cubes – Keep your clothes organized in the suitcase by using packing cubes, or ziplock bags. Another bonus is you can easily move the packing cubes from the suitcase to a closet without having to wipe down the shelves.
- Bring a highlighter and sticky notes – A vacation is a great way to meet new friends and try new activities. Bring a highlighter to highlight what activities in the daily planner you want to participate in each day, and bring sticky notes to leave notes on the room doors of your new friends.
- Upgrades equal savings – Next time you book a cruise, consider upgrading your cabin. Many times higher cabin categories create a more all-inclusive experience and include many perks that you otherwise have to pay for. Plus, you get a better view!
- Bring essentials – Pack sunscreen, bug spray, sunglasses, wipes, plastic bags and headphones. People often forget to put on sunscreen when touring a city and don’t think about bringing bug spray when traveling in the winter months. Both are important to make sure you are protected from the sun and pesky mosquitos. Headsets are great to provide an escape if you are lounging at the beach or sitting on a bus ride going to a destination. Other important items to pack, which don’t take up a lot of room, are disinfectant wipes and plastic bags for laundry and wet bathing suits.
- Mix and Match – Bring articles of clothing that you can mix and match to create new outfits.
- Spa Savings – Want to take advantage of the spa on a cruise ship but don’t want to pay the premium prices? Save money by booking spa packages on departure days and days in port.
Sponsored by CruiseOne. Opinions expressed by guests on this program are solely those of the guest(s) and are not endorsed by this television station.