AUSTIN (KXAN) — Thousands of low-income Austin families can count on a program from Foundation Communities to to help them prepare their taxes for free. Last year, the non-profit organization helped file 20,000 tax returns.
Families and individuals who make less than $50,000 a year can come in for assistance. Across the Austin-area there are six locations that will be offering the services; most of the locations open in mid-January and all you need is an appointment.
2016 Tax Center Locations:
- Community Financial Center – South, 2600 W. Stassney Ln., Austin
- IDEA Allan, 1701 Vargas Rd., Austin
- Lifeworks East Office, 835 N. Pleasant Valley Rd., Austin
- Round Rock Public Library, 216 E. Main St., Round Rock
- Community Financial Center – North, 5900 Airport Blvd., Austin
- Asian American Resource Center, 8401 Cameron Rd., Austin
For more information, you can contact the Community Tax Centers at 512-610-7374.