AUSTIN (KXAN) — If alcohol is on the menu tonight it could lead to starting the New Year with a hangover.
Grubhub compiled a list of the top food people eat after a night out.
- Bacon, egg, cheese sandwich: This traditional breakfast food is made gourmet without the additional cost at the Noble Sandwich Co.
- Dumplings: While you may steer clear of grease sober, it is exactly what is going to ease your pain after a night of drinking. Try the fried spicy lobster dumpling at Xian Sushi and Noodle.
- Pesto Mac N Cheese: The extra virgin olive oil will work its way through your arteries alleviating some of your hangover symptoms. While many restaurants offer standard pasta, try this quick stove top recipe.
- Fried Chicken and Waffles: Stop by Bacon to try their legendary fried chicken and waffles, don’t forget a side of bacon!
- Mexican food: The delicious properties in the Mexican food at Chuy’s will help you forget the drunken debauchery from the night before.
- Philly cheese steaks: While it contains all of your allotted daily calorie consumption, try this Philadelphia cure with a Texas twist at Texadelphia.
- Catfish and eggs: This food item may be harder to find, but the combination of eggs and this yummy bottom-feeder will fill your stomach.
- Bagels: Don’t let the party stop, head to Rockstar Bagel Inc. for this classic breakfast food.
- Banana pancakes with blueberries: A deliciously adorable fusion between French and Vietnamese food try Elizabeth Street Cafe’s crepes, which offer the same curing benefits. They also have cocktails in case you need a little hair of the dog.