Homeowner burned in South Austin house fire

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A homeowner is being treated for inhalation burns after a fire sparked in a house garage.

According to Manchaca Fire Rescue Chris Barron, the call came in around 4:06 a.m. of a house fire on the 11000 block of Bluebonnet Lane.

The patient was transported to UMCB for the third degree burns he received from attempting to put out the fire with a garden hose. Three other people were possibly injured in the fire.

Fire crews have determined the home was 75 percent damaged in the fire.

The fire has been extinguished and crews are wrapping up at the scene.

Austin and Del Valle crews lent a hand to help the Manchaca fire department.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s