AUSTIN (KXAN) — A homeowner is being treated for inhalation burns after a fire sparked in a house garage.
According to Manchaca Fire Rescue Chris Barron, the call came in around 4:06 a.m. of a house fire on the 11000 block of Bluebonnet Lane.
The patient was transported to UMCB for the third degree burns he received from attempting to put out the fire with a garden hose. Three other people were possibly injured in the fire.
Fire crews have determined the home was 75 percent damaged in the fire.
The fire has been extinguished and crews are wrapping up at the scene.
Austin and Del Valle crews lent a hand to help the Manchaca fire department.