There are very common items that you might not consider, that can be harmful to your pets. Dr. Sharon Theisen of Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital joined us to talk about precautions You should take during this holiday season.
- Christmas tree hazards
- Things that cause intestinal obstruction
- Edible material – popcorn, cookies
- Physical dangers
- Tipping over
- Electrical shock from the lights
- Drinking the water from the tree
- Xylitol – artificial sweetener
- Mistle Toe
- Open flamed candles
- Human foods
- Pancreatitis- Turkey, ham, bacon, sausage, gravies
You can call Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital at 512-892-9038 or check them out at CTVSH.com.
They have two locations for your convenience…..one in Round Rock and one in South Austin.
Sponsored by Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital. Opinions expressed by guests on this program are solely those of the guest(s) and are not endorsed by this television station.