AUSTIN (KXAN) — Thanksgiving day marks the 25th annual ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot.
This local tradition benefits Caritas of Austin, the non-profit service organization that provides food and help for refugees. Since the first Trot in 1991, ThunderCloud has raised $2.5 million for Caritas with 100-percent of the event’s proceeds going to the organization.
Each year over 20,000 trotters arrive dressed in wacky Thanksgiving costumes; from turkeys and pilgrims, to cornucopias and Native Americans.
Rain or shine people are encouraged to come out and trot their way through a five or one mile run.
Schedule of events Nov. 26:
- 7:30-9:30 a.m. Registration/ Packet pickup
- 8:45 a.m. Stepping Stone School Kids’ K
- 9:25 a.m. Wheelchair start
- 9:30 a.m. Five-mile run/ walk/ trot
- 9:45 a.m. One-mile run/ walk
- 10:45 a.m. Raffle announcement/ Trophy pickup
The event is held at the Long Center for the Performing Arts. For more information visit website here.