AUSTIN (KXAN)- Just because Fan Fest and Formula One have left town, that doesn’t mean there’s nothing left to do. Here’s some suggestions from our friends at Free Fun in Austin.
- Dove Springs’ Fall Festival – Tuesday, October 27 from 6-8:00 p.m. This evening of seasonal activities will include informational tables from local community groups, as well as carnival style games, a haunted house for those brave enough to try, and sweets and treats. FREE! Dove Springs Rec Center, 5801 Ainez Dr, Austin.
- Family Fest – Wednesday, October 28 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Family Fest will feature carnival rides, games, petting zoo, go karts, obstacle course, sports activities, face painting, concessions, prizes, and more. FREE! Hyde Park Baptist Church, 3901 Speedway, Austin.
- Movie in the Park: Big Hero 6 – Wednesday, October 28 at 7:00 p.m. Rated PG. FREE! Virginia L. Brown Rec Center, 7500 Blessing Ave, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: Beetlejuice – Thursday, October 29 at 7:00 p.m. Kick off your Halloween weekend with this spooky, off-beat classic – costumes welcome! Movies in the Park is a series of free films brought to you by the Austin Parks Foundation, and presented by the #1 movie theater in America, the Alamo Drafthouse. Dogs, picnics, and lawn chairs are welcome. Rated PG. FREE! Republic Square Park, 400 W Guadalupe, Austin.
- Fall Fun Fest (Round Rock) – Friday, October 30 from 9-11:30 a.m. Join Round Rock Parks and Recreation for a Monsters and Mayhem Fall Fun Festival. Calling all preschool monsters! This Monster Mash themed festival will be filled with lots of monstrous activities for little ghouls and goblins. Lots of Frankenstein fun, including carnival games, hayrides, cookies and punch, storytime and much more! FREE, but guests are encouraged to bring a canned item for the Round Rock Serving Center. Old Settlers Park, 3300 Palm Valley Blvd., Round Rock.