AUSTIN (KXAN) — If you want to stay busy between ACL Music Festival weekends, there is still plenty going on.
Here are some suggestions from Free Fun in Austin.
- National Night Out at Dittmar Rec Center – Tuesday, October 6 from 7-10:00 p.m. Food and games for the whole family, plus a drive-in movie showing of The Odd Life of Timothy Green. FREE! Dittmar Recreation Center, 1009 W Dittmar Rd, Austin.
- Stand Up For Safe Families Paddle Parade – Wednesday, October 7 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. The Travis County Family Violence Task Force welcomes you to join them at the Stand Up for Safe Families Paddle Parade 2015. Help make a big show of support for victims of family violence by wearing purple and hitting the lake with FREE kayak, paddleboard and canoe rentals on Lady Bird Lake. Texas Rowing Center Dock, 1541 W Cesar Chavez St, Austin.
- Free Noon Concert – Thursday, October 8 at Noon. Take a 30-minute lunchtime break to hear a concert by the Woodwind Quintet QuinTexas. FREE! Central Presbyterian Church, 200 E 8th St, Austin.
- Super Hero Movie Party – Friday, October 9 at 4:00 p.m. Dress up in your favorite super hero costume, get a prize, and enjoy the movie Scooby Doo Meets Batman. Refreshments will be served. FREE! Lake Travis Community Library, 1938 Lohmans Crossing, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: Annie – Friday, October 9 at 6:30 p.m. Popcorn will be served beginning at 6:30 p.m. and the movie will start at dusk. Movie-goers are welcome to bring picnics, and blankets but please refrain from bringing lawn chairs out of courtesy to other attendees. Rated PG. FREE! Mueller Lake Park Amphitheatre, 4550 Mueller Blvd, Austin.