AUSTIN (KXAN)- Looking for fun this weekend? Here’s what our partners at Free Fun in Austin recommend.
- Twin Oaks Branch 5th Anniversary Celebration – Saturday, August 22 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Celebrate the 5th Anniversary of this Austin Public Library branch with a puppet show from Eulenspiegel Puppet Theatre, bubble games, cake and a special talk entitled “Libraries: Humanity’s Greatest Achievement (Besides Whiskey and Chocolate),” from Owen Egerton, a local screenwriter, novelist, performer and host of the monthly KUT podcast, The Write Up. You may also know him as one of the award-winning talents behind the Master Pancake Theater at Alamo Drafthouse. Twin Oaks Branch, 1800 S Fifth Street, Austin.
- Austin Summer Musical for Children: Junie B. Jones The Musical – Saturday, August 22 at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 4 p.m. and Sunday, August 23 at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. The show is recommended for children age 3 to 10. Tickets are FREE, but go fast, so it is advisable to arrive at least half an hour early. Donations are accepted at the door. Visit the ASMC Facebook page for updates. Boyd Vance Theater (inside George Washington Carver Museum), 1165 Angelina St, Austin.
- The Austin Chronicle Hot Sauce Festival – Sunday, August 23 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Celebrate 25 years of the biggest hot sauce festival in the world! Sample hundreds of hot sauces and enjoy live music by some of Austin’s top performers. This year’s lineup features Dale Watson & His Lone Stars, Sweet Spirit, Bidi Bidi Banda, Sphynx, and the Tiarra Girls. Thisfamily-friendly event is FREE with a suggested donation of three nonperishable food items or $5 to Capital Area Food Bank of Texas. Fiesta Gardens, 2100 Jesse E. Segovia St., Austin.
- UUMC Clothing Swap – Sunday, August 23 from 12-3 p.m. University United Methodist Church is hosting its first Clothing Swap. Recycle your threads at UUMC. Gather unwanted, but gently used clothing, shoes and accessories and bring them to swap with others from the community. Adult sizes, kid sizes and baby sizes are all welcome. Any items left over after the swap will be donated to the Fig Leaf clothing ministry. Parking is available in the platinum lot across the street on Guadalupe, and is FREE all day. University United Methodist Church, 2409 Guadalupe St, Austin.
- Central Austin Arts Block Party – Sunday, August 23 from 1-6 p.m. 14 of Austin’s best and brightest arts organizations invite you to an unprecedented joint effort – the Austin Arts Block Party celebrating more than 138 shows, concerts, exhibits and events through the 2015-2016 season! This FREE event is open to the public and offers some of the year’s very best andexclusive discount ticket opportunities! Come experience the best dance, music and theatre that Austin has to offer! Learn more about the organizations, sample upcoming productions, enjoy performances, check out the Kids’ Zone, and see behind-the-scenes tours. Long Center, 701 W Riverside, Austin.