AUSTIN (KXAN) – The Disaster Recovery Center, located at Taylor City Hall in Williamson County will close at 2 p.m.Saturday, July 18.
The centers, operated by the State of Texas and the Federal Emergency Management Agency and supported by other agencies, remain open until the needs of area residents have been met. The centers serve as a one-stop shop for information and guidance about disaster assistance.
Those with questions regarding the application or the appeals process, or who decide to register for assistance after a DRC closes, have several ways to obtain information:
- Visit another DRC nearby, visit http://asd.fema.gov/inter/locator/home.htm.
- Online at www.disasterassistance.gov.
- Call 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585. People who use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services (VRS) can call 800-621-3362. Multilingual operators are available.
- Visit the Texas Disaster Recovery website www.fema.gov/disaster/4223.
- Contact U.S. Small Business Administration’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center by calling (800) 659-2955, emailing email@example.com, or visiting SBA’s website at www.sba.gov/disaster. Deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals may call (800) 877-8339.
The deadline for registering with FEMA and applying for an SBA loan is August 27.