AUSTIN (KXAN)- Looking for some fun on a short work week? Here are some recommendations from our partners at Free Fun in Austin.
- UT Trombone Choir Concert– Tuesday, June 30 at 7:30 p.m. Enjoy music ranging from classical to jazz, plus celebratory 4th of July music, and music from the ensemble’s upcoming trip to Europe. Please feel free to bring blankets and folding chairs for seating. FREE! Long Center, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- Sound & Cinema: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off– Wednesday, July 1 at 7:30 p.m. Sound & Cinema 2015 features unique pairings of classic movies with a diverse array of local musical guests. Each band plays a musical tribute to the night’s movie, followed by a screening of the film on the Alamo’s giant inflatable outdoor screen – all against the backdrop of the Austin skyline. This week, watch Ferris Bueller’s Day Off with music by Otis The Destroyer. Rated PG-13. The sunset concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. The movie will immediately follow (around 9:00 p.m., or right after sunset). FREE! Long Center, 701 W Riverside Dr, Austin.
- 101X Summer Cinema Series: The Sandlot– Wednesday, July 1 at 8:00 p.m. Bring your family and friends to enjoy a lovely summer evening watching The Sandlot on the lawn. The movie will start at sunset, but prior to the show you will be able to enjoy plenty of fun-filled family activities and more. Rated PG. FREE! Central Market, 4001 N Lamar Blvd, Austin.
- Movies in the Park: The Incredibles– Thursday, July 2 at 8:30 p.m. Movies in the Park is a series of free films brought to you by the Austin Parks Foundation, and presented by the #1 movie theater in America, the Alamo Drafthouse. Dogs, picnics, and lawn chairs are welcome. Rated PG. FREE! Republic Square Park, 422 Guadalupe St, Austin.
- Pfirecracker Pfestival(Pflugerville) – Friday, July 3 from 3-11:00 p.m. This annual festival honors the nation’s Independence Day with a day of pfun, featuring two stages with live music, a children’s area on both the north and south shores of the lake, dozens of food vendors, arts and crafts vendors, and businesses on display — all before the pfantastic fireworks show. A movie throwback to 1965, Beach Blanket Bingo, will be shown after the fireworks on the North shore.FREE! There will be no parking onsite. Free shuttle information here. Lake Pflugerville, 18216 Weiss Ln, Pflugerville.