There are several ways to help people affected by storms and flooding that ravaged parts of Central Texas over the Memorial Day weekend.
Volunteer centers are open in San Marcos and Wimberley.
- Wimberley Volunteer Reception Service
Cypress Creek Church, 211 Stillwater, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- San Marcos Volunteer Center (512.753.2320)
San Marcos Plaza Park, 206 C.M.Allen Parkway, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Coordinated by City of San Marcos, Hays County, and AmeriCorps
The city and county have hundreds of people and organizations actively volunteering; Hays County officials ask them to coordinate through Volunteer Reception Centers so that their efforts may be as effective as possible. City, county and AmeriCorps are coordinating volunteers and organizations.
How to give
- Springtown Donation Center, San Marcos: Food, toiletries and clothing donations are being accepted at Springtown Center. Hours of operation are every day 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (including Saturday and Sunday). This location is only accepting new supplies only at this time. To donate, go to the loading dock at the back of the building and do not unload until you speak to an attendant on duty.
- H-E-B launched a statewide campaign at all of their stores across the state to support victims by donating in increments of $1, $3, or $5 to their total grocery bill. All proceeds will benefit the American Red Cross for Texas Flood and Tornado Relief. The money will go towards disaster assessments, clean drinking water, food, medical care and temporary housing.
- Relief worker supplies needed at 200 Springtown Way in San Marcos: rubber boots, work gloves, sun screen, shampoo/conditioner, body wash, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels
- Austin Radio Networks along with Tito’s Vodka and ADRN are hosting a Flood Relief fundraiser until 7 p.m. Friday, May 29. Click here to donate.
The following locations are also accepting donations:
- Bobcat Stadium (1100 Aquarena Springs Dr) – accepting gently used items
- Travis Elementary (1437 Post Road) – accepting gently used items
- Mendez Elementary (1805 Peter Garza Drive)
- Metroflex Gym (1942 IH 35 South, Suite 104) – accepting cleaning supplies, towels, storage containers, baskets, socks, men’s shoes, diapers
- Barefoot San Marcos (300 N. LBJ Dr.) – accepting laundry detergent, canned meals, linens and blankets
- Southside Community Center (518 S Guadalupe St). This facility is in need of towels, blankets and pillows
- St. Johns Catholic Church (624 E. Hopkins St.)
- First United Methodist Church (129 W. Hutchison St.)
- Hays County Food Bank is accepting non-perishable food items (220 Herndon St).
Food Items Needed: Canned Fruits/Veggies, Canned Tuna/Chicken/Salmon, Canned Beans, Canned Chili, Canned Soup, Ravioli, Granola Bars, Nuts, Peanut Butter