ROUND ROCK, Texas (KXAN) – It seems like common sense advice but due to the fact the “Bank Jugging” crime trend is on the rise in Central Texas, Round Rock Police are warning the public to be cautious as they leave the bank.
Bank Jugging typically occurs when a criminal follows a customer from the bank to their next destination. They break into the car and make off with cash and other valuables. In some instances, police have even reported the crooks are confronting the bank customers.
Round Rock Police say you should be aware of these happenings while at the bank:
• Occupied vehicles backed into parking spaces with clear view of the front doors of the bank, ATM or commercial drive thru line
• Vehicles arriving at bank with no occupants entering the bank
• Vehicles changing parking spaces
• Vehicles with dark tinted windows with little or no visibility of the occupants
• Vehicles with multiple occupants
RRPD posted the advice on their Facebook page Tuesday: