Round Rock Express’ home opener will happen Friday despite kitchen fire

ROUND ROCK, Texas (KXAN) —  A kitchen fire Thursday night at the Dell Diamond is not expected to hamper the Round Rock Express home opener Friday. No one was injured in the fire.Fire Damage2

Round Rock firefighters responded to the park around 7:30 p.m. Thursday to reports of a fire in the Nolan Ryan Fireball Grill, located near the right field gate. It took fire crews about 11 minutes to contain the fire.

An Express spokesperson said the food stand will be closed Friday. There was no structural damage to the stand or damage to any other parts of the park.

The Express take on the Memphis Tigers at 7:05 p.m. Friday. Round Rock’s game Thursday in Colorado Springs was postponed due to snow.

Fire officials determined the fire was caused by an unattended electrical appliance.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s