11 displaced in Northeast Austin duplex fire

FILE

AUSTIN (KXAN) — Eleven people were displaced in a fire that damaged a two-story duplex in Northeast Austin on Friday night. Firefighters were called to the home in the 9500 block of Teasdale Terrace about 10:20 p.m.

No one was injured and one dog was rescued from the home.

The cause was found to be a malfunctioning furnace unit

Damages were estimated at $200,000 to the structure and $50,000 to the contents.

The Red Cross was helping those displaced

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s