Youth Film & Food Festival
Saturday, April 11, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
AISD Performing Arts Center, 1500 Barbara Jordan 78723
35 Austin-area schools will be participating in the youth philanthropy program “A Legacy of Giving.” One grade will be leading the program for each campus, and all grades will have the opportunity to learn and participate along the way. The five-part educational model is designed to teach students to become more engaged in improving their communities and world:
1. Learn: Students participate in a 30-45 minute, multimedia academic assembly about philanthropy and making our communities healthier through food choices.
2. Internalize: Students have the opportunity to learn facts about health, nutrition, and being savvy consumers.
3. Advocate: Students will develop a thirty second public service announcement sharing what they have learned about any topic related to health and wellness.
4. Act: Students will have the opportunity to enter their public service announcement into our Youth Film and Food Festival, where their PSA will compete against all the other Legacy schools’ PSAs. JOIN US ON APRIL 11, 2015. The winner of the PSA contest will have their PSA aired on television.
5. Reflect: All students will be challenged to reflect on what they accomplished, what they learned in the process, and how they could be even more effective next time.