AUSTIN (KXAN) — A new thrift store in central Austin is aimed at helping the Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN) and families affected by disaster.
The Hope Family Thrift Store was created to help ADRN in their mission to support disaster survivors. The store, located at 1122 East 51st St., had its grand opening on Saturday.
Volunteers will be able to help at the store and families in need will also be able to use vouchers to buy items from the store.
If you would like to donate to the Hope Family Thrift Store, they are looking for these items:
- Clean, gently used clothing, shoes, and accessories such as purses, bags, ties, belts and jewelry
- Household items such as toys, books, home decor, art, linens, lamps, electronics, dishes
- Gently used furniture and working small appliances
Items not being accepted:
- Broken, torn or stained furniture; Torn, stained or worn-out clothing
- Tires, batteries, motor oil, paint thinner and other hazardous materials
- Bath fixtures, mattresses, waterbeds, cribs and car seats
Donations are now being received at the store’s receiving dock at the back of the building between the hours of 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday.
To volunteer at the store, click here.