Chemical exposure reported at Samsung plant

(Jackie Vega/KXAN)

AUSTIN (KXAN) – Rescue crews and hazardous materials specialists were called to 12100 Samsung Blvd after reports that people inside were exposed to Sulfuric Acid and Peroxide.

Austin-Travis County EMS reports medic were evaluating two patients following the report of the exposure at Samsung Austin Semiconductor. Both patients are described as exhibiting minor injuries. They were taken to University Medical Center Brackenridge for treatment.

Firefighters say there was a small acid spill that has been contained.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s