When you’re short on time but you want to put together a hearty and healthy meal for your family, bring on the broccoli. Elizabeth Van Huffel of Local Savour dropped by to make her Honey Mustard Broccoli Chicken, which is packed with protein and other good stuff. Simple yet flavorful, it’s dinner the whole family can enjoy.
Honey Mustard Broccoli Chicken
|4 -6 servings||10-15 minutes|
- 1 poundfresh chicken breasts boneless & skinless, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 pound fresh broccoli cut into strips
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 cup milk or water
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place milk and corn starch into a medium bowl and whisk together until the corn starch is fully dissolved. Next add in mustard, honey, salt, and pepper and whisk together well then set aside.
- Place a large pan over medium high heat and add in olive oil, garlic, and onions. Sauté for 1 minute then add in the chicken while continuing to sauté for another 3 minutes. Next, add broccoli into the pan and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes. Finally, reduce heat to low and add in the honey mustard mixture. Stir until well combined, remove from heat and add in fresh cilantro , give a final stir then serve.