Chocolate might top the list of popular Valentine’s Day gifts, but be sure to use caution if you have four legged friends. Chocolate is just one of the things that can be very dangerous if eaten by our pets. Dr. Peter Bondy of Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital shared more information.
- Chocolates can cause vomiting and upset stomach or be severe enough to cause seizures.
- Aspirins and other pain medications can cause kidney problems.
- Many grapes or raisins can cause kidney problems too. Ultrasound of the kidney’s is something Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital can do to see the extent of the damage.
- Chewed up toys, stick, other items can get stuck within the stomach or intestines. Endoscopy can be performed to remove them if in the esophagus or stomach. Surgery may be needed.
Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital provides referral service in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Allergy & Dermatology, Neurology, Rehabilitation & Conditioning, and Canine Sports Therapy Services. All departments of Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital interact together to provide your pet with the best care possible in a “team approach”. Central Texas Veterinary Speciality hospital is located in Round Rock at 301 Chisholm Trail, 78681 and they are located in South Austin at 4434 Frontier Trail, 78745. You can also find them at CTVSH.com or call them at 512-892-9038.
Sponsored by Central Texas Veterinary Specialty Hospital. Opinions expressed by guests on this program are solely those of the guest(s) and are not endorsed by this television station.