AUSTIN (KXAN) — Here are the top 5 free Weekday Events from our partners at Free Fun in Austin.
- PrintAustin – Friday, January 16 – Sunday, January 18. Enjoy art exhibits, demos, artist talks, and workshops all over town. All events are located in Austin and are free and open to the public, unless otherwise noted on the schedule.
- The Robot Zoo – Saturday, January 17, from 10 a.m. – noon. Visit The Robot Zoo exhibit at the Austin Nature and Science Center to learn about simple machines and robots! Observe a robotics team in action, make robotic art with marker bots, create a simple solar machine, and turn your parent into a robot! See the event flyer. FREE! Austin Nature & Science Center, 2389 Stratford Dr., Austin.
- Commemorative Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Walk & Celebration (Round Rock) – Saturday, January 17 at 1 p.m. Join the 28th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday celebration in Round Rock. The commemorative walk begins at CD Fulkes Middle School (300 West Anderson Avenue). Parade participants and marchers, led by a drumline from Round Rock ISD, will assemble at 1 p.m. and begin the march promptly at 1:30 p.m. The march will last approximately 15 minutes and will be followed by a program at the Allen R Baca Center for Community Activities (301 West Bagdad Avenue). A reception will follow the program, at approximately 3:15 p.m. The public is invited to participate by attending the walk, bringing non-perishable food for donation, bringing banners, and attending the program. Attendance is FREE and all are welcome.
- Whole Foods Market Domain 1st Birthday Celebration – Sunday, January 18, from 12-3 p.m. Enjoy face painting, kids crafts, live music and sampling throughout the store. FREE! Whole Foods Market, 11920 Domain Drive, Austin.
- Cafe Ruckus Anniversary Party – Sunday, January 18, from 12-4 p.m. Celebrate the cafe’s one-year anniversary with FREE samples, live music, latte art demonstrations and raffles! Plus, donate a gently used book to benefit BookSpring and receive a coffee, espresso drink, tea, or hot chocolate of your choice. Cafe Ruckus, 409 W 2nd St, Austin.