Retirement might seem a long way off. For some of us, it might be closer than we want to admit. Either way, it’s good to have a plan. Financial advisor Clint Campbell with UFCU shared advice to help us plan for that. Tips for retirement planning and investments to start the year on the right foot included:
- Review your 401(k) account and increase your contributions by at least a percentage or two.
- Rebalance the investments in your account to their beginning percentages.
- Even a small increase in your contribution rate can make a big difference over time.
- Determine if you should be making pre-tax or post-tax (Roth) contributions.
- Make sure that you’re contributing enough to get the full matching contribution from your employer.
- Review your risk tolerance/ time to retirement and adjust your investment mix accordingly.
UFCU provides personal and online financial planning assistance, as well as investment products and services through our broker-dealer, CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (CFS)*, including:
- Mutual funds
- 529 plans
- Traditional & Roth IRAs
- Stocks & bonds
- Life insurance
Sponsored by UFCU. Opinions expressed by guests on this program are solely those of the guest(s) and are not endorsed by this television station.