Crews recover after possible Carbon Monoxide exposure at produce warehouse

Crews respond to warehouse where several people might have been exposed to carbon monoxide.
Crews respond to warehouse where several people might have been exposed to carbon monoxide.

TRAVIS COUNTY, Texas (KXAN) — Seven firefighters and two paramedics are out of the hospital after possible carbon monoxide exposure at a produce warehouse Tuesday afternoon.

Emergency crews were originally called out to the warehouse at 26905 W. State Highway 71 just after 1:30 p.m. Tuesday for a man who fell off a forklift. According to the Pedernales Fire Department, while treating the initial patient, multiple people started reporting that they weren’t feeling well. Crews got everyone out of the area because of the possibility of some kind of environmental exposure.

Authorities are still trying to determine if the man who fell off the forklift was overcome with carbon monoxide.

Seven firefighters, two paramedics, and three other patients were treated or evaluated at a hospital, according to emergency personnel. Austin-Travis County EMS said Tuesday that the other patients have non-life threatening injuries.

The Pedernales Fire Department confirms that it is working with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and OSHA is conducting its own investigation.

KXAN.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Users who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s